Powered by WebRing®.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Woven Transverse Herringbone Stitch


I decided to learn a new stitch pattern today. I was looking for a pattern that included slipped stitches to help prevent pooling in the beautiful variegated yarn I added to my stash last week. This stitch works beautifully, but is rather unwieldy with the super bulky yarn. I am now using worsted wool for my learning sample. Once I have finished my swatch, I am going to design a hat pattern using this stitch in worsted on #9's. I intend to knit it in the round, with the WTH around the band.

The instructions for this stitch were found at http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches/wovenherringbone.htm.

1 comment:

quiet person in the corner said...

Did you ever design your hat? I am looking for a hat pattern with this stitch. Thank you!