Powered by WebRing®.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

I Can Cable...

and this is only one piece of evidence to the fact. The month of December I made three men's cabled caps (sorry, only one is shown due to a glitch in photobucket).

The cap below was made by a request from one of my dearest friends and was a Christmas gift for her husband. I also made a blue one for a gentleman from school (he loves to watch me knit and tells me how much it reminds him of his late mother) and a green one for my dad. They are all made with wool blend yarns. The cap pictured is made with one strand wool yarn and one strand silk/bamboo, it reminds me of black licorice. The original (blue cap) was made using "The Wedding Hat" pattern found in Yarn Girl's Beyond the Basics by Julie Carles and Jordina Jacobs. The other two were slight variations of the pattern.