Powered by WebRing®.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Retro Inspiration: Mod Cloth

www. modcloth.com
I've always been a huge fan of retro/vintage clothing. As far back as I can remember I have filled my closet with old and unusual clothing from thrift stores and forgotten attics. The best "Christmas dress" I ever had was a knee length vintage wool skirt (blue) and a black tie collar blouse, topped with a blue rabbit fur vintage hat. I wish I had a pic to post! I was 15. My hair was bobbed and I flipped up the ends. I was the odd girl, but I loved it!


Now, I am incorporating vintage cuts into my own designs. This site is a great example of retrowear for the modern girl. Funny thing is, now that retro and vintage are fashionable I try to use them in a more understated sort of way. I've never liked following the trends. I attempt to keep the cut and grace of bygone eras while incorporating something new. My latest collection (a class project) melds classic cuts with world wide folk styles.


The necklace is found in the accessories collection at http://www.modcloth.com/ What a great piece for any fiber artist!

No comments: