Powered by WebRing®.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Look Whos Yarning!


Yesterday, Lonnie told me he wanted to "yarn" himself a sweater. I convinced him that while a sweater was a great project, he should make a scarf first. Then we had to decide what kind of "yarning" he wanted to do. Crochet won out. After raiding my yarn stash, we sat on the couch and started his very first crochet project. It only took about a half hour for him to pick up the basic single crochet for the body of his scarf and the chain stitch needed to turn.


I thought his little hands were so sweet holding his project. I just had to take a photo of them as well. He caught on so fast. I'm sure it has a lot to do with spending his 7 years of life watching me "yarn".

4 comments:

Beemoosie said...

Fantastic! It must do your heart good!!
~Blessings

khartquilt said...

Just reading your blog..How did your son make out? did he finish?
I would love to see it.

Aunt Jenny said...

HOw sweet! Most of my 7 kids have at some time wanted to create with yarn too. (I love the term Yarning!!) I always had my boys do a cotton washcloth...not long attention spans on them and they were useable right away. The girls did scarves though. I love that our kids are learning to do what we love...another generation of people who make things..perfect.
I love your blog!

corrine said...

Thanks, girls. No, he hasn't finished yet. It's in his treasure chest waiting for Mama to come home and help him. We didn't start it until a few days before I had to leave last time.

Jenny, your washcloth idea is probably much better than my scarf. I know that his attention span isn't very long, but he was in love with that skien of yarn since I added it to my stash. He is my most stubborn child, so I am sure he will finish it eventualy.